If you own a home, then you are probably at least a little bit worried about the security of you, your family, and your belongings. If you have not already invested in alarm monitoring services, then here are a few facts that you need to know before you decide to invest in monitored alarm systems.
1. Did you know that most burglars are under age 25? Though this is not the kind of information that you should use to profile your neighbors, you should
2. Homes in the center of the block are more likely to be burglarized than houses on corner lots, perhaps because they are less visible to passersby.
3. Though there is a big kind of fallacy that would lead you to believe that most burglaries take place during the dark of night, this is not actually the case. In fact, most burglaries occur between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
4. Homes without security systems are about three times as likely to be broken into than homes with security systems. Most home invaders are looking for an easy mark so if they see a sticker suggesting that you have invested in monitored alarm systems for your home, they are more likely to chose someone else’s home to break into.
5. ADT is the largest security company in the United States and Canada, serving over 6.4 million customers. For more information see this.